Well it’s almost that time of year again. A day you are either really looking forward to or are simply dreading. That’s right, it’s almost Valentine’s Day!
Finding the perfect gift to give to your loved ones can be a difficult task so Vogue Charity Fashion Show has decided to give you a loving hand. We know that it can be quite challenging to think of a present for your boyfriends, girlfriends, parents or friends. So here are some possible DIY Valentine’s Day gift ideas!
V-Day Fortune Cookies:
- Circle cutter or template to cut out a 4″ circle
- Clothes pins
- Glue to adhere to cookies (pro tip: double sided tape can work too)
- Decorative paper (we like hearts for v-day!)
- Fortunes (print yours off right here)
- Print out fortunes and cut our circles from paper
- Fold cookie in half, but do not make a crease, insert fortune
- Using your index finger, apply pressure on the center of the paper, gripping the top and bottom with your thumb and middle finger. Slowly fold in half.
- Secure fortune cookie closed using glue or double sided tape
- Finally, let them dry by securing them with a temporary clothespin!
"I’ve had my EYE on you" card:
- Mini magnify glass
- String or tape to stick on mini magnify glass
- A bookmark shape piece of paper
- A pen or markers
52 Reasons Why I Like You:
- Deck of cards
- Hole puncher
- Ribbon or string to tie the deck together
- Scrap paper to write reasons on
- If needed: glue
Message in a Bottle:
- Glass bottle with cork top (you can find yours here)
- White paper
- Needle nose pliers
- Red thread
- Metal chain (pro tip: use an old necklace or wire)
- Red felt
- Thin wire
- Hot glue gun
- Cut a strip of paper to 1.5″x11″ and write a secret message to your Valentine
- Roll up the paper and secure it with several wraps of red thread
- Cut a small heart out of red felt and poke a hole in it, and tie it to one end of the red thread
- Trim the metal chain to half the length of the bottle and tie the message and thread to one end
- Cut 3/4″ of wire and use pliers to curve it into a U shape, slide the loose end of the metal chain onto the loop
- Turn the cork bottle upside down and push the ends of the U into the cork, secure with glue and allow it to dry!